Показать сообщение отдельно
Непрочитано 27.04.2018, 10:00
antonm
banned

Благодарностей: 24
Дядя ответил что там что то с углом атаки по сколько я владею аглицким на пальцах и через гугл транслейт.
Вот что написал дядя. Скажите Степан, что там с углом атаки.

Hello Anton,

Thank you for replying. I listed your creation as a successful one on another forum because I was so certain it would be. I just assumed I was seeing a wrong camera angle distortion. But now I have looked very closely and found a Manta windfoil with a forward leaning leg and I'm thinking that is what you used.....

That might be a big problem. It will certainly prove some theory about adding a wing to a windsurf fin. The fin shown above is the one I built with Stepan's wing. The top of the fin is the front. It is set back to the rear of the tuttle head and the back edge slants 5 degrees to the rear. So my wing gets about 7 cm. further back than Stepan's original fly-fin. And it works amazing! The length solved the problems with spin-out, turning into the wind, windward rail sinking instead of holding me out on the edge in the straps, and ability to sail close to the wind!

He had about 8 degrees angle of attack and I started mine with 5 and adjusted it down to 1. All the problems of board nose pearling, planing on the front of the board, and spraying water terribly whenever a rail touched the water were gone! Because I could only adjust the angle of attack and the more rearward position together and not independently, I'm not entirely sure which was responsible for the better performance.....I adjusted the slant back by using longer bolts and leaving the front part of the tuttle head half out of the slot. This of course reduced the angle of attack of the wing.

You have the opportunity of proving which was in fact responsible! If 1 or 0 degree AoA sails very good in your wing's very forward position, then AoA is the culprit for nose pearling, planing on the front of the board, etc. If it doesn't work, you can install the mast backward (yes, it's rear will be thicker than it's front) and the wing very far back indeed but facing forward. Please, please let me know your results so I know how to order my next fin.

Your wing is larger than mine and I can tell you for sure it is large enough for very early planing. Angle of attack is needed to come right out of the water, but NOT for early planing. In fact, AoA has so much drag it inhibits early planing!

I am 70 years old; older than your father. This fin lets me use 2 m. smaller sail!

Ray Sauder

near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
antonm вне форума Ответить с цитированием